What I mean when I say “I can’t do that”- Anxiety Version:
- I am unable to do that
- I am too stressed out to do that
- I cannot face the humiliation of attempting to do that
- My body will physically not allow me to do that
- I am on the verge of a panic attack
- I cannot do that
What people hear:
- I am unwilling to do that
- I am just shy
- I am overreacting
- I am lazy
- I need to get more experience in social situation to help my anxiety
- I need a push
- I don’t want to do that
Inspired by X
It’s not that men are unable to control their sexual desires. It’s that they’re taught that they neither can nor have to, so they choose - unconsciously or otherwise - not to.
"she’s just playing hard to get"
have u ever considered that maybe she just isnt interested ???¿¿¿
"Horrifyingly, many girls said they believed that men cannot keep themselves from harassing or grabbing women, describing men as ‘unable to control their sexual desires.’ According to the report, ‘they perceived everyday harassment and abuse as normal male behavior, and as something to endure, ignore, or maneuver around.’"
This is terrible: Study finds that teen girls see sexual violence as normal and unavoidable (via theweekmagazine)
They’re not wrong.